Flash Fiction Contest
Those of you who attended the Fantasy Literature panel I moderated at Comic-Con on July 11 got to hear five New York Times bestselling authors humorously create a tension-filled passage from a short phrase I provided. They have graciously agreed to vote on their favorite flash fiction submitted by YOU. So, if you’d like to win the honor and bragging rights of being selected by this prestigious group of authors, and a free copy of my fantasy picture book, MONSTER GOOSE NURSERY RHYMES, read on.
She noticed a hint of movement beneath the starlit trees. But, that was nothing compared to the trail of blood that led out of them. And there were seven bodies left behind. He was afraid to move. The knife might come out of his stomach. Fortunately, the song he was humming provided the power to keep him alive. Then moonlight glinted on antlers in the trees.
- 500 words or less (no exceptions)
- Emailed to nimpentoad “at” gmail “dot” com by July 31, 2015
- There is no entry fee, and you may enter more than one story, if you wish
- Your submission must be based on and reflect The Passage. You need not include text from The Passage.
- The flash fiction with the most votes from the Authors wins
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age with a U.S. mailing address
- Zac Brewer – New York Times bestselling author of The Slayer Chronicles and The Cemetery Boys
- Kami Garcia – Bram Stoker Award nominee, and co-author of the New York Times and USA Today bestseller, Beautiful Creatures
- Jonathan Maberry – Multiple Bram Stoker Award winner and New York Times bestselling author of the Rot & Ruin and Joe Ledger series
- Brandon Sanderson – Hugo and David Gemmell Legend Award winner and New York Times bestselling author of Mistborn and Steelheart
- Maggie Stiefvater – Printz Award honoree and New York Times bestselling author of The Scorpio Races and Raven Boys series
July 12, 2015 at 11:28 am
Reblogged this on Garry Rogers SciFi, EcoSciFi, & Writing.
July 16, 2015 at 8:12 am
Reblogged this on Michelle Eastman Books and commented:
Flash Fiction Contest…
July 16, 2015 at 8:17 am
Reblogged this on Sonya Rhen and commented:
In honor of Flash Fiction month, here’s a prompt and a contest for you!
Pingback: Woodsong – Fictiverse